A Prelude to 'Dead Stars'


      Hey guys!  What's up?

Neriz Gabelo says: 'We all have that dead star.'
     I have another guest post coming up entitled 'Dead Stars' written by my good friend Neriz Cruz Gabelo.  I will not elaborate much on the content but it is about a love that never came to be.  As a background, here's Madam Neriz' edited e-mail telling me how she came up with the post.  Names and locations were intentionally erased to protect the identity of the personalities involved. 

     There’s a girl colleague who shared with me her love story about a guy who became her biggest love ever.  Theirs was not a defined relationship but in her heart of hearts, she knew that she secretly loved the guy.  They were in college when it happened and both went through the motion of undisclosed special liking for one another.  At any rate, neither took the courage to define what they had so they both went on with their lives.  Eventually, the guy left for the US and established his own career.  He got married there but sadly they divorced after some years.  My girl colleague didn’t marry or had any other serious relations after.  She didn’t attribute it to the guy though.
    
     Then came Facebook, and they found each other again.  They barely communicated in cyber.  After some years, the guy went back to the Philippines for a vacation which by the way happened just last week.  He decided to see my girl colleague.  They met, like the good old days -- but some things seem to have changed.  That’s when my friend realized that the love was gone.  Was she sorry about it?  Not quite.  Inside the ladies’ room, she was relating that story to a few of us, her closest buddies when one colleague asked me: 'Neriz ikaw, do you have a dead star (lost love) in your life?'  I responded: 'Oo naman.  I guess we all have that dead star.  We all think of what life would have been had we made an extra effort to work something out and not just easily gave up.  Or what if I had lowered my pride a bit?  What if I had been given another chance to talk to him again?  Then I’m given that rare second chance to feel for myself if the love is still there.  Then I realize, it’s gone, like a dead star.'   They all simply nodded and agreed but with sadness in their eyes.  That’s when I said, Paz Marquez Benitez was a brilliant author because she captured the very universal regret of mankind and wrote about it during the post-war.

     Last night, I got a text message from that girl colleague, she said:  'Thanks for your words Neriz. I am facing things now as a big girl.'  That’s when I thought, I will make it my post in your blog. I wrote the post within an hour after staring at Slater of PBB and falling in love with his values and intellect.  The looks being the last.  Hope you and your readers like it.

     There you go.  I think that's a little too much for a teaser and I was quite surprised with this huge revelation that Madam Neriz has a huge crush on Slater!  Mmmm, haha!

     Here's another yet interesting trivia about my up and coming post.  As I was going through my pictures to look for something suitable for the article, I came up with nothing.  I then turned to another good friend Elvert de la Cruz Bañares and asked if I can borrow one from his thousands of available photos.  I might've mentioned Direk Elvert on my other blog when I joined him and Madam Neriz last month during the book launch of Ricky Lee's 'Si Amapola sa 65 na Kabanata.'  Direk Elvert (as I fondly call him) like Madam Neriz is also quite an achiever.  His talent comes in many forms.  What he does is mostly showbiz related -- and please support his up and coming coffee table book too.  It will be launched soon, I heard.  Hope I get invited to the launch -- *hinting here Direk! Haha!*  Anyway, I was surprised when he said he'll just do a photoshoot for my post and asked me to describe a little bit what it's about.  Now, that ought to make that post more interesting and I can't wait to publish it -- soon!

     To those who don't know it yet, Direk Elvert and Madam Neriz are both part time professors at Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila (PLM) and Direk Elvert recently produced a Christmas video which stars all the professors of the university with some of their brilliant students.  I'm sharing the video with you in light of the Christmas season.  Guys, watch it and share the joy!


     I also wanna say Hi and Merry Christmas to all the students of PLM and to their awesome Dean, Prof. Ludmila Labagnoy whom I had the pleasure of meeting one time over coffee.  The video looked fun, and more importantly, everyone in this inspiring music video looked like they truly had fun!

     Merry Christmas everybody!  Until my next post. ☺

*Video courtesy of Direk Elvert de la Cruz Bañares 
*Photo taken at San Benon Hot Spring, Irosin Sorsogon
tags: related story about Dead Stars

35 comments:

Vin said...

when i saw your blog entry tittle "dead star" this video came to mind... check it out sometime on youtube. band is "stars" and the song is "dead hearts" i think you'll like it. have a great day, and happy christmas! :)

Vin said...

LMAO! here's the link

enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQT2HVfxJu4

Admin said...

I can't relate because my stars are not yet dead. Joke! Lol

Adopted "KULASA" said...

Grabe! As in grabe! lol.

RJ said...

it's kinda sad, i just remember the song "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0fle64w2IU" with this post..

I think it's all the same if we've moved on. we'll remember the person but not the feelings you had anymore

Michael said...

Vin (1&2) - Hey man, thanks! I watched the video and although it's not my type of music, I've come to appreciate it. Might watch the movie (Like Crazy) where that song is from too. Have a happy Christmas and many thanks for visiting my blog. ☺

Marco Walter (3) - Haha, thanks bro for the visit!

Adopted "KULASA" (4) - Hello Madam Neriz, sorry for broadcasting your secret. LOL!

RJ (5) - Hi RJ. I watched the video and think I've heard that song before, probably over the radio. I agree with you, how right you are when you said that we do remember the person but the feelings are not just the same -- even gone.

ΦΩΤΗΣ ΜΠΑΖΑΚΑΣ said...

Hello my friend, Merry Christmas for you and your family, thank you for the visit, happy new year with happiness and peace. Hugs Fotis

Silvergirl said...

Merry christmas and happy new year

David Pearce said...

merry christmas my friend!! heheh

Soulful said...

that was a very nice true story about love. sometimes, we are no longer in love with the person, we are in love with the memories of being in love with that person and that we need something for us to see the difference..

Merry Christmas!

sri wijayanti said...

who was the boy exactly in ur story?
:p

nice to know about ur blog :)

Unknown said...

merry christmas

Clark Kenty said...

My friend Myke!
Thank you for the comment left on "Perennial Diary"!
You produced an important phrase:
"... In 2012, and always, our goal is to become a better version of ourselves..."
On some aspect, I Believe That humans have improved, in others, I think we're getting worse!
It's really a "fight" between good and evil!... every day!!!
Imagine if there were really the end of world on December 21, 2012 ... Imagine if there were a Final Judgement ...
What would happen to the human race?
Wow... I think we have some time yet! rsrsrsrs
A big hug, from other side of the world!
I'll be back!

Luckyone said...

hi Michael...
i really love this very inspired post.
i like the "dead star" word u use.
and I have my own simillar story that suppose i write this morning but i'm too ashamed...

May i get (1/2) of this one on my blog with a link to your site today?
please... and thanks before...

Big Brother said...

Visiting your blogs bro!
<a href='angelowagan.blogspot.com>angelo wagan - blog anything </a>

Muhammad Arif Ahsan said...

thanks for coming :)

virgo said...

Visited your site :D

Unknown said...

myke.. i am wondering where you put your fibox?

form :http://gempaknya.blogspot.com

Pindot said...

Let's Make Loud Noise to keep the bad spirits away at the beginning of the year!!! Happy New year my friend..

David Pearce said...

happy new year my friend! please comment on my new post! thanx

Andi Sitorus said...

happy new year friend............>>.

Unknown said...

can you give your other blog link... i want to visit

From:gempaknya

Ajangnya orang Sumba berbagi Ilmu pengetahuan said...

Peace in your HEART, Health in your BODY, Wealth in your LIFE, Joy in your HOME, May you always be blessed with these priceless treasures.

TheCuteTigerBaby said...

http://i44.tinypic.com/d61cx.jpg Happy New Year 2012 with peace and happiness to you and your family dear Myke. Hugs from Moni

CORA DUKE'S SNAPSHOT'S said...

Happy New Year!

singho said...

happy new year

Unknown said...

visit n happy new years also~!

ares said...

Happy new year 2012................

ALEX AREMANIA RUMBAI said...

Happy new year

mariyam said...

happy new year...

David Pearce said...

Happy New Year to you n your family. May the spirit brings you joy n happiness, n wish you all the best for the coming year!

j O C y said...

happy monday to you..keep on posting coz u have a nice posts in here

arie5758 said...

First visit in year 2012, happy new year and always success for you myke :)

blog saya said...

how was your new year? sorry just had blogwalking here again.

Michael said...

Thanks everybody for the visit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...