I Am Blessed, I Am Grateful...

     I celebrate my birthday today with a thankful heart and a humbled spirit.  Words cannot fully illustrate my gratitude and to bespeak them will always be an understatement.  I live not a perfect life but I have made it my rule to always look at it with positivity and deal with circumstances with sincere optimism.  It doesn't make me complacent nor less vigilant, instead, I acknowledge imperfections for what they are.  And then I take the challenge without losing sight of what's truly important.



     We have things to learn from each moment of life and yes -- even from the darkest of hours.  To face it with optimism requires nothing less but courage and character, and at the end, for what we have lost, we also have gains.  We gain truth from the pain, strengths from the weaknesses, realizations from the shortcomings, maturity from the experiences, acceptance from defeat.

     We must recognize that life isn't perfect, but we must also acknowledge that it don't need to be if we are content of what we have.  Contentment does not mean we need to be stagnant.  We still continue to dream, and make them real.  We know all too well that life is a struggle -- it's a never ending battle for happiness and peace of mind, for recognition and worth, for a little space on this earth.  And life and its battles does not end when we reach the bottom or hit a dead-end.  It doesn't end when we get broken or stepped on or disappointed.  It goes on, it moves on.  And it moves on with a thankful heart and a resilient spirit.

Today on my birthday, I am thankful because...

     I am blessed with wonderful parents who taught me how to love, how to care and how to be responsible.  They taught me to be real, to be who I am -- though imperfect yet they taught me to be the best of who I can become.  I am blessed with awesome and inspiring friends, though they may be few, they have taught me how to be humble, how to be sincere and how to inspire others the same way they have inspired me.  My friends have taught me how to become a friend.

     I am blessed with the things I know so I try to share them with others when needed.  And I am also blessed with the things I am yet to learn, because they give me the opportunity to improve myself.

     I am blessed with things I yearn for, because they teach me how to dream and look forward to tomorrow.  Then I learn how to hope and have faith.

     I am blessed with my fears, because they've taught me how to value myself, my strengths, and to cherish the people I love whom I fear of losing.  I learned that courage is not the absence of fear but mastery of it.

     I am blessed with the things I've lost, because they made me treasure the here and now, and what I have.  

     I am blessed with my imperfections, because with them, I know I shall find someone (or have found someone) who compliments them and makes them perfect.

     I am blessed with wonderful challenges and opportunities that have made me learn more about life, about people and about myself each day and every day

     I am blessed with a journey that is just as interesting as the destination.  The life experiences and the lessons made me who I am, what I believe in and perhaps what I shall become.

     I am blessed with a God who is steadfast, loyal, humble and true.  I will continue to pray that He make me a better person each day.  I will ask him to make my faith grow stronger and that I be the person whom He wants me to become.

     And I am thankful and shall be grateful not just today but every day for the rest of my life.

     Today is indeed a happy birthday!  You may leave some birthday greetings and wishes on the comments' section below.  Thank you for reading and see ya on my next post!
tags: things to be thankful for in this life

61 comments:

JC said...

Happy birthday :)

Ai said...

. .always grateful :)

have a very happy birthday kuya!
God bless! :) . .

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Blogger - Jason from NJ

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! you have such a BIG heart mike! for that, xoxo lol - jhoanne

Magic said...

happy birthday..

Unknown said...

HBD....

Axl Powerhouse Network said...

ikaw na..... lakas.... happie bday tsong... more blessing to come.. :D

My Good Life said...

Happy birthday! Hope you had a great and blessed one!

Daniel Kerber said...

Happy Birthday Mykeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

HD Cafe said...

Best Wishes to YOU !!!

HD Cafe.

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Blessed one!
God Bless you and continue be a blessing to other.
Keep safe. God's Speed!

Gaia Eos said...

Happy Birthday Micheal many happy return of the day may you be happy & merry enjoy yourself take care :)

amuse said...

Happy birthday my friend...:)

Unknown said...

♡ Happy Birthday Myke!!! :)

The Great Mbah Dukun Bagong said...

happy Birthday Myke.... wish u always happy :D

ch000tz said...

Happy Buffday to you :) May all the happiness belong to you!

Unknown said...

belated happy birthday bro! :D

sijagur said...

happy birth day.. wish u all the best

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!
We are blessed to have YOU!

-A. Bichara Silverscreens-

Fipse said...

Happy birthday myke....

GbSb said...

Belated Happy birthday!..Nice Blog.Keep blogging

M Zakariyya Al Anshori said...

happy b'day bro....

BlogS of Hariyanto said...

happy birthday Bro, keep happy and healthy always,God Bless U :)

Michael said...

Thank you guys for the greetings! Appreciate them a lot. Have a nice week ahead!

Clark Kenty said...

Oh, My God!
Sorry! So Sorry!

I just saw this post now ... I was seeing more of the other blog!

My Friend! Although it is too late ... I want to congratulate and wish you Every happiness of the world!
You're a good person - I can feel it even through time and space That separates us!

May your life be Surrounded of light, harmony and much happiness!

Myke! Continue steadfast in his "Personal Legend" ... Always doing the best ... For the best ...

A big and strong hug!

My sincere Best Regards!

topjer said...

happy birthday michael :)

BoyGR said...

happy birthday.. wish you!

Riefz said...

happy birthday my friend! wish you all the best...

DESA CILEMBU said...

selamat ultah ganteng, semoga sehat dan banyak rezekinya yah.

Everything712 said...

happy birthday brotha =)
everything

Unknown said...

happy birthday___

yanalee fauzy said...

yurp . i enjoy sangad . hihi . tengss eh :P
keep in touch . hihi

yanalee fauzy said...

yeke ? awak dengar eh semua lagu saye ?
tengss again :) awak orang ape ?
like jepun la awak ni ?

yanalee fauzy said...

happy birthday :)

Nervenruh said...

slow nervenruh... still celebrates.
Have a good time!

kimmy said...

Hello, Myke! thanks for the comment on my blog. Happy birthday to you! yes, I am Liz's sister. She is older by 3 years but looks younger by 5 years, lol! Happy blogging!

Neno said...

Happy birthday my friend. wish you all the best :)

Admin said...

Wish you all the best! :D

FREE_MOVIE said...

happy birthday,,success for you

fbalgos said...

Hey Myke!
I'm Nov 5..
Amazing! Happy BDay to us! :)

Unknown said...

happy birthday... i wish all of ur dreams come true.. ;)

Yen said...

Hi Myke belated happy birthday:)

Yolah said...

Happy Birtday Mike... wishing you all the best :)

Mommy Liz said...

I am sorry that I wasn't able to greet you on the exact date of your birthday. But, I am wishing you a happy and great life thoughout the year and more blessed birthdays to come. I believe that you had a great time celebrating the most important day of your life. Take care and have fun! Oh ayan ah, binati na kita. di ka na magtatampo nyan, eh kasi naman, di ako nag blog hop noong Friday at ako eh busy sa aking super busy life. I wished you all the best na lang po. Ingat and see you later..

hendrytha said...

I'm sorry I do not say happy birthday, today I pray for you always good to achieve good

rytha said...

even though your birthday was missed remains to be humble

angdidi said...

Happy birthday my friend......!

lina@home sweet home said...

I'm four days late. Belated happy birthday, Myke!
Wish you all the best :)

t3ch said...

Hope you had a great BDAY. How many beers did you drink? LOL

Hopefully not too many. Take care. Many more! Hey if you get a chance check out my sisters site and give her a shout. www.appreciatingalabama.com

www.myfitnesspointers.com

Sam D. said...

Belated happy birthday Myke! :-)

reina said...

Happy BIrthday Myke!!!

gelovsky said...

It's really too late = ( Anyhow Happy happy birthday Myke ^^ Good health and prosperity!

Agustovo said...

vbday....first visit

Brilli Healthy said...

Happy Birthday! I wish you have a sunny coming day, many smiles, reliable friends surrounding you, feel family warmth and always be the way you are.

r♥rumiko said...

Visit Back here :) thx for your visit :D Happy belated birthday :D

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday friends

Unknown said...

nice.... happy birthday brother..
visit my blog www.a7xzone.blogspot.com

noor-atiqah.blogspot.com said...

happy belated birthday yow..!

Michael said...

Thank you lovely people for taking the time to leave comments and greetings.

sri wijayanti said...

happy late birthday
:)

Michael said...

Thank you srrriii. Wow, you have a lot of R and I's! Haha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...